Wednesday, August 25, 2010

El Primer Día :)

I am finally here! :) 1-8 hour flight from O'Hare to Madrid, 1-4 hour lay over in Madrid, and 1-1 hour flight to Granada later and here I am! To say I was excited for this moment would be an understatement! I was actually cleaning my room this summer when I can across a list of "Things to do in Life." Judging from the notebook I found this list in and a faint memory of actually writing it, I wrote this list in the 7th or 8th grade. And oddly enough, the first thing on that list was "study in Spain." Finally realizing this goal after 7 or 8 years! Hard to describe the feeling...


Not a lot to report yet. I am in a Hostel for 3 days while we have orientation. We'll take a placement test, visit all the essential places in town - bank, post office, drug store, and most get acclimated before meeting our host families on Saturday. Lots to do! My roommate an I are both blogging right now and resting up from the long trip but a few more minutes and we are off to explore Granada! :)

Oh and one more thing... I should probably start speaking Spanish! Yikes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment