Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mi Casa

I couldn't be happier with my living situation. Although my location is a little far from school and the center of town, I have a great host family. In my house there is a woman named Rosa, her husband Pedro, Rosa's daughter also named Rosa and at times the daughter Rosa's boyfriend Enrique, also known as Riki. Riki is the only one that knows a little English. With the rest it is all Spanish, all the time.

SeƱora Rosa is a fabulous cook. I feel like I am trying something new everyday, which honestly is a big step for me. Just to paint a picture... yesterday I ate crab meat mixed in about 8 pounds of mayonnaise! I can hardly believe it. This week I started being honest with Rosa and telling her things I like and things I don't like instead of just saying "me gusta" after each bite. And on days when I don't come home for lunch between classes, Rosa makes me a sandwich. A few friends and I found a great spot to picnic...

Fountain depicting Columbus asking Queen Isabella for money.

Pedro is great because he talks slowly with me and uses grand gestures to go along with what he says. We usually watch the news together during lunch and he'll explain words I don't know. Rosa 2 and Riki are not around all the time because they were on vacation and now have exams they need to study for and pass in order to start their next and final year of school.
 
I have a perfect, cute, little room. It has everything I need. A comfortable bed, a closet, a table for homework, and space to store all my travel stuff. The best part of the apartment is the balcony! We usually eat dinner out there and my room is the only room with its own door to the balcony besides the living room.

View from my door, closet is behind me.

View from my bed!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. I like your host dad's name. I hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete