Monday, September 13, 2010

No tengo buena suerte hoy...

Not having a very lucky day today! This morning, I typed up two whole blogs today and neither of them saved. Later, I wanted to book flights with my friends at a Internet Cafe but I forget my passport in my apartment. I was about to walk home to get it (20-25 minute walk depending on my pace) when I saw Bus #9. Now I know this is the bus to my apartment because my Señora told me but I just have never taken it before. So I started sprinting after the bus only to miss it by a few steps! When the next bus came about 20 minutes later (I probably should have given up and walked) I politely asked the bus driver for a bus card. Either I wasn´t saying the right words in Spanish or possibly wasn´t speaking loud enough but the driver started yelling at me! And little did I know that I was taking the bus during the Spanish rush-hour. This is the time all the shops close and everyone returns to their homes for lunch and siestas (still a big fan). By the time I got home and grabbed my passport I had to turn around and run back to school. On my way back I stepped in a mud puddle! Now, with the day I had been having it was not hard to imagine this could have happened. However, for some reason instead of getting angry and discouraged, I literally started laughing out loud.

Yes, I lost two blogs using the old school computers but I also booked flights to Venice, Rome and Athens.
Yes, I forgot my passport but when I ran home my Señora made me a delicious sandwich I could take to go.
Yes, I missed one bus and waited ages for another but now I know how the bus system works here.
Yes, I stepped in a puddle of mud but now I truly understand the phrase "no pasa nada en Granada."

This is a phrase I have heard countless times since I have been here. Translated, "no pasa nada" means "everything´s good." So a few things went wrong today and I might have been frustrated at times, but when I can step in a pile of mud and laugh about it I know life is pretty great. :) And - maybe I am starting to figure out the Spanish way of thinking!

My lost posts on the beaches in Nerja and the Alpujarras mountains are coming shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment