Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mis Clases

Last week was my first week of class. My schedule is a little odd this semester. I have 1 class Monday and Wednesday and 4 classes Tuesday and Thursday. Luckily, no classes Friday so that means easy traveling on the weekends. All the classes at CEGRI (Centro Granadí de Español) are 1.5 hours and only taught in Spanish. There are 24 students from both U of I and UW with about 8 or 9 options for classes to take. Therefore, the number of students in each class ranges from 3-9. Most of mine have 6 or 7. We only take classes with other Americans because the Spanish semester has not even started yet. Their fall semester is October to February and spring is March to July. It takes me about a half hour to walk to school each morning. The morning is not bad because it is not too hot yet. My walk back for lunch around 2pm is pretty rough though. I am usually sweating by the time I get home! I don't mind though because I have a nice view of the river on my walk.

CEGRI Courtyard


The school is actually really beautiful. The building is a restored noble house from the 17th century. There is a sign on the door when we walk in that says "any teacher reserves the right to reduce a students' grade if the student speaks English within CEGRI." Pretty harsh but I guess this will help us improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment